The Luberon National Park consists of 2 massive plateaus reaching 1 256 meters at their highest point. There are 600 km2 of land, punctuated by stunning perched medieval villages, craggy limestone cliffs, and canyons with a green and fertile valley in between, supporting agricultural lands, fruit orchards, vineyards and gorgeous lavender fields. You are on the north side of the Durance River and South of Mont Ventoux, the highest peak in Provence.
The Luberon is best known for its many well preserved perched medieval villages, which still have active communities and year round residents. The Luberon is more rural than much of Provence, but has a fair share of fine restaurants, cafés, wonderful outdoor markets and village boutiques – and a few savvy tourists.
Luberon villages we visit on this tour:
- Gordes – Nearby is The Abbey de Senanque, a beautiful 12th century monastery.
- Roussillon – Fabulous red rock canyon and village.
- Bonnieux – Fantastic views, several nice restaurants and cafes.
- Lacoste – Interesting history, narrow cobblestone streets, and beautiful views.
On a full day tour we continue to the following:
Opede–le–Vieux – stunning, crumbling down medieval village. Or,Lourmarin – a lovely, larger town, with it’s 16th century chateau and beautifully restored churches, fountains, nice shops and cafes; Or Menerbes, one of the most beautiful villages in France and artists enclave.
- Half Day Tour for 2 – 6 persons: 250€
- Full Day Tour: 375€
- Add 22€ pp extra for a gourmet picnic with all the supplies.